Typically the law requires your landlord to return your security deposit within 30 days. HOWEVER – they are permitted to assess damages for anything over and above the normal wear and tear. Many landlords take advantage of this to charge exorbitant fees for every smudged light switch or tiny carpet stain. To protect yourself, it’s smart to clean like crazy and repair or replace anything in the apartment that is broken or appears to be in less than perfect condition. Then insist on a personal walk-thru with the unit manager on your move-out day. At that time, they will have to point out anything in the unit that is not up to standard and you’ll have a chance to dispute it. If they refuse to perform a walk-thru with you, then do your own walk-thru with a video camera and a still camera and do your best to document the condition of everything in the apartment. Then if they claim it is broken or missing, you have the proof to dispute it.
They are requiring a very large security deposit up front. What are my chances of getting it back when I move out?
Find an Apartment & Get Paid - Rent RebateStart Now
KEEP IN TOUCH
Pet Friendly Apartments
Senior Citizen Apartments
Short Term Rental
San Antonio Apartments
Rental Section 8
Second Chance Apartments
Bsqueda de apartamentos
Dallas Lofts for Rent
- $250 off first full month’s rent! | Irving, TX Rentals
- Up to 400 OFF First 3 Months! | Plano, Tx Rentals
- $500 off 1st full month PLUS WAIVED APP/ADMIN FEES!
- Up to FIRST MONTH FREE & ONLY $99 to APPLY! | Fort Worth
- $1000 off the 1st Full Month’s Rent PLUS a FREE 5-hour move
- 1/2 OFF DEPOSIT PLUS $150 LNL SPECIALS! | Arlington, TX
- WAIVED ADMIN FEE!! | Dallas, TX Apartments
- December FREE rent PLUS $500 OFF January | Dallas Rentals
- Look & Lease for $99!! | Plano Apartments Specials
- 1 month FREE!! | Frisco Apartments Specials