For many people, university dormitories can be a nightmare. The tiny living space of university dorms, lack of privacy, lack of independence, rigid rules and annoying roommate can be a turn-off for many people, depending upon the personality. These potential disadvantages of living in university dormitory can be overcome by obtaining residency in university apartments. University apartments also have some potential disadvantages, but, depending on the personality of an individual they can be less depressing. Let’s have a look at some of the potential advantages offered by university apartments as compared to university dorms.
Advantages of university apartments:
- If you are going to an expensive university then the fees of university dorm can be humongous. University apartments, on the other hand, tend to have uniform pricing, which, is in most cases, is lower than most of the university dorms.
- Living in a university apartment, you are not constrained by the rigid rules that characterize many of the university dorms. You would own the place and would have the independence to do anything you want.
- University dorms, despite their expensiveness, offer very little living space. University apartments help overcome this problem. At a cheaper price, you are able to get considerably larger living space.
- In university apartment, you will have the leverage to choose your roommate. So, you can converse with different people, and decide on a roommate yourself, instead of having a roommate imposed on you through the university procedures.
- University apartment also take care of the problem of summer storing. You own the apartment, and as long as you are paying rent, you don’t have to worry about storing your belongings somewhere before moving out.
- Lastly, living in a university apartments will help you stay in touch with the larger community, and will allow you to accumulate greater experience than you would while living in university dorms.
Caveats vis-à-vis university apartments:
There are few things you should keep in mind while opting for university apartments.
- University apartments would be located at some distance from your campus, so you will have to drive some distance every day.
- Maintaining a university apartment is more complex than maintaining a dorm. You will have to pay bills for all the utilities which can add to costs depending on usage.
- Living in a university apartment means that you are responsible for everything. All the matters relating to lease, payment and default will be your responsibility.
There were some of the disadvantages that are a part of living in university apartments. You have number of options to search for university apartments. These include online ads, specialized agencies, and real-estate agencies among others. If you don’t like living a highly regulated life and value privacy above all other concerns, then university apartments are for you. You can also contact us to facilitate you with free advice in find university apartments by contacting at our designated email and contact number.